Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Color Run

A few weekends ago, some of my girlfriends and I ran in the Color Run.  It's a non-timed 5k event designed to encourage everyone to get out and exercise.  Every kilometer, you walk or run through a space where you get hit with a certain color.  It got a little hard to breath at times and I was pretty fearful of all the mess.  This was a really fun event to do with friends and I'm so happy I did it.

Katey (I call her Miller) getting her game face on.
Showing off my blue moustache.
 Walking down the sidewalk to get to the end of the start line.  I think there were 8 or 9,000 people there.
 Everywhere I looked, there was a mess.
 And then there were my friends helping each other to get a mess.

Gretchen.  Enough said.  I love her.
 We waited a long time to start running.  Finally, we were off!

Stephanie and I ran together the whole time.  We both agreed we didn't like to talk and run at the same time.  So we just ran side by side and checked in on each other here and there.

 The Color Party at the end of the race.





 I really love this group of girls.  They always make me laugh and we really support each other.  




 Can't wait to see what we get into next year.

No comments: