Thursday, August 28, 2008

Paeton's 1st Day Home Sick :(

Paeton started to feel sick on Sunday while I was out shopping with my friend Kate. She had lots of gooey junk in her nose, she was coughing and she felt warm. I kept checking her temperature and by 4pm it was over 101 so I called her doctor. Fortunately he was the pediatrician on call that day - I know I should trust all the doctors in his practice but something just feels better about it being her own 'ya know? He called me right back and told me how much tylenol to give her and what other types of things to do. I felt better about things after he and I talked especially since this was her first time being sick with a cold.


I stayed home from work that Monday with her being that she was up all night coughing and her temp was still really high in the morning. I went into work in the morning just to check in with my boss and take some projects home. I assumed Paeton would sleep all day due to how she felt but that was not the case. She took a few short naps but that was it! She was so uncomfortable - she kept crying off and on and I just didn't know what to do! Ugh...I felt so sorry for her.


The next day she felt a lot better so I took her back to daycare. Each day she has gotten better and the gooey stuff in her nose has lessened :) Thank goodness - it's really gross!





Paeton and her daddy sleeping together on her first day home sick :(




Paeton after school this week making a funny face :)



Paeton playing in her bumbo chair while I make dinner.



Paeton just chillin' - and poppin' her collar :)

No comments: