Monday, March 5, 2012

Day #26-#30 SAHM

Alright, Alright...I know this is late and I know I didn't meet my goal of blogging every day for 30 days.  Seemed like a simple goal right??  I just got sick of it.  I felt like I was forcing myself to do it and I wasn't getting anything from it anymore.  However, I think a lot of my followers were!  SO many of you contacted me via e-mail, text, phone calls and in person.  I'm fine and I'm not dead.  Just over that project - sorry!  I will still blog but not a daily journal.  Ok, movin' on :)

So...let's see.  Here's what you missed.  I made some meals for a few friends in need.  Here's a quick pic of the salads I made for a dear friend that just had a baby.  I gave her other goodies too but sadly she said, NO DESSERTS! 
I watched my friend's son Matthew one day while his daycare mommies daughter had surgery.  That was a mouthful.  Paeton made Matthew marry her.  She totally dominated him all day and was a very bossy wife.
Paeton and Evan continue to wrestle with each other.  It always seems to be fun and games till someone gets hurt.
Matthew played farm all day long.  Paeton tried to convince him to play other things but even she couldn't tear him away from the tractors.
The kids ate lunch really nicely that day.  I like when that happens.
Eating snack in the new 'sitting room'.
Evan really likes fruit snacks.
Jodi left for a work trip to Vegas last week and upon his arrival home, Paeton's toy of choice was to make a Mr.Potato Head family.  We used every spud we had - it was a lot of fun.  And of course, Secretariat made a cameo.
To end my 30 day journal, I have to say I'm really enjoying staying at home with the kids.  They test my patience daily and sometimes I feel like I've accomplished nothing but brushing my teeth for the day.  But...I wouldn't trade this for anything.  I've become SO much closer with them. 

You know, a lot of parents look begruntled at church when they're dropping off their kids and the kids start to cry or cling to them.  My children have never done that until recently.  The first few times it happened, I wanted to cry too because I realized the kids were getting attached to me.  They were with me so much, they didn't want to be without me.  I don't want this to become a habit so we are working through it but I felt that was worth noting...definitely a change from the way things were 30 or 60 days ago.

I'm SO thankful for all my SAHM friends that I lean on for advice, support, love, friendship, and spiritual strength.  What a group of ladies I have in my life.  They are so amazing and I definitely realized this on my girl's retreat 2 weekends ago.  I am so blessed to know them and call them mine!

I also want to note how supportive Jodi has been through this transition.  He loves to see me happy and I love that about him.  Our marriage is improving as I have more time for him...more time to hear about his day, support his needs and simply talk.  He does so much for our family and for me.  He is not a perfect man but he is perfect for me.  I love him so much.

XOXO,
Marlaina

No comments: