Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Recap of the Weekend

Overall, we had a fun weekend even though we were as usual, very busy. Jodi and I had our very first "Date Night" since the birth of Paeton. Our friends Jeremy and Krista took Paeton for her first sleepover away from mommy and daddy. She had a wonderful time at their house and of course, they took great care of her. Their very curious daughter Reagan who loves babies and is always in "mommy mode" with her dolls, loved having her there for the night. They even took a bath together...just adorable!


Jodi and I went out for mexican food and then off to the theatre to see Dark Knight, the new batman movie. I found this movie to be quite scary but very good. We had a wonderful evening and even got to sleep in a little bit the next morning. At first, it was weird not having P with us, but after that first margarita at Jose's Blue Sombrero, I relaxed and was able to focus on my husband. I have to remind myself that Jodi was in my life before Paeton and without him, I wouldn't have Paeton. Love you honey!


We did a lot of preparation, believe it or not, for winter this weekend. We went to a local plot of land where they were selling firewood early Saturday morning and picked up a ton of wood. We try to heat the main floor of our house throughout the winter with our wood burning stove so we really needed to stock up on wood. After piling all the wood in our garage, we headed to the zoo to participate in the Diabetes walk. We walked with our team from Kohl's and then had a quick lunch before going to Paeton's Gymboree class.


Paeton has shown so much physical progress recently...it's so exciting! She is still working on rolling over and almost has it down. She still loves to stand and wants to stand ALL THE TIME! She even stretches her legs out when we're feeding her to the point that I think she'll be taking a bottle and standing at the same time pretty soon! She is also able to sit up on her own for about 5-10 seconds before tipping over. We're so proud of her! A few new things that we've able to start using with Paeton are her Jeep Jogger (so mommy can get outside and jog) and an infant swing that Jodi hung on our front porch. I will be sure to get pix of this soon!


We spent Sunday canning even though I like to call it "jarring" because all the food goes into jars, not cans. What a process this is, let me tell you. We did pickles and salsa and this took the ENTIRE DAY. I'm sure that over time, we will get faster and better at this, but for now it's a long process. We're happy to be taking on this tradition from Jodi's parents as Mark spent a lot of time with me last summer teaching me how to do this. See the pictures below for proof of our efforts!



Paeton leaving for school on Friday - she got to visit with co-workers of mine at Kohl's late that afternoon which was quite a treat!

Jodi, Paeton and I at the Diabetes walk Saturday morning - very rainy!


Paeton all bundled in her car seat ready for the walk - she's wearing a fancy hat that my boss Judi bought for her.

Starting to teeth - I can feel her bottom front teeth swelling in her gums. She enjoyed her lion teething ring straight out of the freezer.


Practicing sitting up on her own - look at her trying to balance!

Pickles right after they came out of the boiling water.

Preparing for the salsa - 15 peppers, 10 tomatoes, 5 onions and so on!

Paeton looking at us like we're crazy making all this salsa! Can't we just buy some from the store mom?

No comments: