Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Paeton's Bistro

So...I made my first Craig's List purchase and it was a success. I've been looking for outdoor larger toys for Paeton (i.e. picnic table, jungle gym, water table, slide, etc) with spring in full swing and summer right around the corner. Since we're starting from scratch, I decided to see what I could find second hand from consignment stores, friends with older kids, rummage sales and Craig's List since this kind of stuff can be really pricey.

My first amazing buy has been this adorable Step 2 Bistro Set. The family I bought it from only used it indoors and they had 2 boys who they said hardly used it. I specifically wanted items for outside that had an umbrella to protect P from the sun so this fell right in line. The mother included all the food and dishes for 'grilling out' since this is supposed to be an outdoor cook set with seats at the bar for eating. She also included a shopping cart full of food and a really interactive cash register.

We drove 25 minutes to Jackson, WI after work yesterday to pick this up - Paeton was squealing with delight when I got it set up in the living room for her so she could test it out and make mama a burger :) Daddy was quite surprised when he got home from work - he wants to know when he's going to get something as cool as this for him to grill on outside!

Here's Paeton testing out her new bistro set for the first time.

Just an FYI - this is not staying in our living room - it will relocate out to the deck once the weather brightens up a bit!

No comments: