Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day #4 SAHM

Starting today with a few highlights from yesterday.  The kids wanted to do some crafts so we got out the dotters and made some pretty pictures.  Evan had more paint on his face and hands than on the paper so we bathed before dinner.  It was pj night at Awana so that worked out perfect.
Just before dinner last night, the kids were playing in the living room and I was putting the finishing touches on the meal.  I came over to where they were playing just in time for Evan to make his best throw yet - a perfect pitch into the plasma on the wall.  The screen went black but the sound continued to play.  I immediately started to cry.

24 hours later I have recovered, explained things to Jodi (this was my Christmas gift to him 2 yrs ago), called Samsung and have a technician coming in a few days to see if it's repairable.  One of my goals for 2012 is to watch less t.v.  That shouldn't be hard now.

Paeton continues to not want to eat her dinner.  She looks at it each night, takes maybe one bite and then walks away.  I leave it on the shelf above the stove till she's in bed. If she says she's hungry, that's her only option.  Still hasn't worked - she won't eat any of my dinners.   
On to today...up at 6am.  Slept in!  Showered assuming Evan would be screaming when I got out.  He wasn't!  In fact, he slept till 6:45am.  Was it the double diaper??  I gladly fetched him out of his crib so proud of his improvement.
We ate breakfast and started our salad for the very sad Matt Hill Funeral, a young 34 yr old man who's life was too short.
I think Evan ate half a pepper and multiple cucumbers while I was making this.  He's so weird.

No plans on the calendar today so I decided to take on redoing the kid's playspace.  Here's the before picture.
What a mess.  And the kids' tree is still up!  I've got some ideas for this space so we'll see how it turns out.  More to come!

My favorite picture of today...

Dinner Tonight: Steak (nope, that's just Jodi...not jealous at all)
Beef Tacos, Spanish Rice, Fresh Pico & Chips

Today I had my first feeling of loneliness.  I don't enjoy being alone; never have.  Eating dinner with just me and the kids felt lonely.  Normally I'd turn on the t.v. to fulfill my craving for noise but that wasn't an option.  Oh well.

Oh, forgot to mention my Dyson is back!  The roller in the front stopped spinning so we took her in for a tune up.  Luckily it was still under warranty.  I L.O.V.E. when things break under their warranty.  BTW, the t.v. warranty ended in November. O.U.C.H.

The many faces of Paeton Violet.  My daily prayer is to love her for all she comes with and to use grace.
I'm getting better about packing Jodi's lunch when I'm putting dinner away at night. 
Alright, the kids are fed and we've got 2 hours till bedtime. 
Oh boy...

1 comment:

Buntrock said...

My advice to you when you are lonely...call one of your other SAHM buddies. I just happen to know a good one:)