Friday, January 27, 2012

Day #5 SAHM

Today...up at 5:55am.  Not bad.  Needed to shower, wash my hair and get a lot of stuff done before Carol arrived at 7:30am.  Carol is our FABULOUS cleaning lady.  We hired her a year ago when the housework was piling up and no one was home to do it.  We are hoping to continue using Carol but we've been honest with her that if we need to make budget cuts, she's the first to go...but just from the budget, not from our hearts.

Before I continue, here's a few shots of my quick redo of the kid's playspace.  Not too bad.  Now I want to add a magnetic board to the right wall for some newness. 
Paeton slept till 8:20am this morning.  Love it.  I woke her up saying, "Let's go to Lilly and Calvin's house!"  She jumped out of bed, cooperated getting dressed and we were off.  We listened to KidBop on the way there - I have to be honest that I think I like that CD better than they do.  Honesty is the first step in recovery right?

Gretchen and I wanted to get together to A) celebrate the fact that I can! and B) to make some fabric applique tees.  The kid's played great just as long as Gracie the dog didn't come near Evan and as long as Evan the great didn't torment Hazel.

We made a mess...
I'll post pictures of my tees for the kids when I finish them!

Date night tonight (first time in a long time I don't feel guilty leaving the kids) and btw, I'm not counting my weekend days as my SAHM days so my journaling will continue on Monday :)

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for coming over! It was so fun to have you. Also, thanks to you, I've been eating more salad! I plan to do a "day in the life" post. You are so inspiring! ;)