Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day #8 SAHM

SO TIRED TODAY.  My dinner party was tons of fun but lots to cleanup after the ladies left and I stayed up too late.  Evan started to cry at 5:38am but I didn't get him till 6:31am.  Don't think I or he got much sleep in that hour.  We layed on the couch together for a little bit when we got up but he immediately started signing 'eat' so I loaded him up in his highchair and got him some breakfast.  We used our time before the appearance of Miss.Paeton to unload the dishwasher, reload the dishwasher and watch the news to see what the weather would be like today.  We snuggled a bunch a read some books.  Definitely need to figure out how to get Evan to sleep even later...Paeton sleeps till 8:30am so that's my goal.

Evan fetched his own morning snack today promptly at 10am.  He brought it to me but when Big Sis Paeton snatched it from him he lost his mind.
Morning craft today was using colored pencils from my work of which Paeton taught Evan to make dots.  They pounded the pencils really hard which resulted in vacuuming and some sharpening needed.  Paeton also used a pen (because that's what 'dults' use) to practice her writing.
For DailyNews and Letter-Of-The-Day we talked about the day of the week, what we do, what the weather is like, what we had for lunch and named all the S words thought of by Paeton.  Sam's Club was the first letter she said...cute.
After lunch, we did flannel board stories.  Paeton requested Noah's Ark which I obliged because Evan LOVES animals right now.

Paeton's final story board
Evan's final story board
Flannel stories are so easy to make and you can get the boards for super cheap online.  Fabric scissors (small ones), puff paint and felt are they key ingredients.
And I know there might not have been such huge honeybees on the ark...those are from a different storyline :)

My only project for today was a new dishsoap dispenser for the kitchen.  The Reeva bottle from Aldi just wasn't working for me anymore.  And I was inspired by the Nate Berkus show the other day.
Materials: Mason Jar, Mason Jar ring & lid, old pump, hot glue gun, screwdriver, hammer

Dinner Tonight: Spicy Cheeseburger Pizza, Salad, Green Beans, Pineapple Slices
Jodi is off to Awana with Paeton...Evan and I are cuddling on the couch reading books.  There are no toys, sippy cups, books or anything on the ground...I'm at peace :)

No comments: